What is Pilates?
Who is it for?
What results can I expect?
10 Great Reasons to Do Pilates
• Get longer and leaner muscles: strengthen & stretch at the same time
• Improve posture: walk taller and breathe better
• Stronger muscles and skeletal system: proven to manage the ageing process
• Increase circulation & relieve tension: Pilates focuses on effective breathing
• Improve functional fitness: practicing Pilates makes everyday tasks easier
• Reduce your risk of injury: Pilates works to balance muscles around the body
• Enhance your athletic performance: Pilates will compliment any training programme, improving muscle recovery and mobility
• Boost your self esteem: Pilates feels good to do and yields such noticeable results, you will feel great about yourself
• Pilates is for everyone - Pilates can be enjoyed by and benefit anyone - whatever their fitness level!
I am not sure where I should start?
No problem, book in for a 1-1 with one of our team and we will take you through the options and advise you what we think will work best for you, given your needs, time availability and budget.
Start by booking into our Orientation Class or see our Starter Packs
What should I wear?
Clothes that you feel comfortable moving in, stretch pants or tights and a t-shirt. No need for shoes, Mat classes are done in bare feet, or with socks on if you find that more comfortable. But socks are essential for Studio sessions, we do have non-slip Pilates socks available for purchase.
What should I bring with me to classes & studio sessions?
Bring a water bottle as there is a fresh supply of water outside the studio so you can keep your tissues hydrated.
MAT CLASSES: If you have an exercise mat bring it with you, but we do have some that are supplied for classes.
STUDIO SESSIONS: For hygiene please bring socks to wear on the equipment, we recommend you buy some Pilates socks that have a non-slip sole on them but we do have non-slip mats to use in the studio.
How do I pay?
You can pay by cash, cheque, eftpos or you can pay by credit card online via our booking site.
How do I book a class?
Book into any class using the MindBody booking system. If you are new to Pilates we can book you in
please contact us. Once you are in our system you will be able to go to the Timetable page click the class you want to book in, find your name to set-up a password. If you have already done this you can just login and book a class. Another easier way once you have set yourself up is downloading the MindBody app onto your Smartphone and adding Bodywise Pilates as a favourite and you can book away.
How do I find you?
Remuera Rackets Club, 17 Dilworth Avenue, Remuera ( off Remuera Road, by Mt Hobson). There is off road parking available during the day, in the evening we are a little busier so allow time to find a car park. We are at the far end of the building and downstairs, it is a few minutes walk so please arrive early for your first session. See Google Map for location